Accessible Sidewalks and Curb Ramps: Design to Installation
This workshop will benefit state and local professionals that plan, design, inspect, and construct ADA-related facilities within the public right-of-way. State and local agency staff, consultants, and contractors are encouraged to attend.
- Iowa DOT has produced Design Standards and Plan Preparation Requirements for Accessible Sidewalks
- The 2011 Design Manual from Iowa DOT is updated periodically as changes are needed, and the course covers the current standards
- Accessibility of public rights-of-way is required by the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Renewed focus on consistent compliance with ADA Curb Ramp Design and Work Zone Accessibility
- Workshop will update and summarize the Sidewalk, Curb Ramp, and Work Zone Portions of the Iowa DOT Design Manual, and provide information about Plan Preparation Requirements
Typical Workshop Agenda
Setting the Stage
Summary of Updated ADA-Related Design Standards and Information
Summary … (Continued)
Plan Components, Creation, and Tools for Production
Questions and Answers
For More Information
If you have questions about this workshop please contact Keith Knapp at 515-294-8817 or firstname.lastname@example.org.