Clark County Fairgrounds Event Center
2070 W. Mclane St.
Osceola, IA 50213
October 20, 2022
Registration begins at 7:45 a.m.
Workshop starts at 8:30 a.m.
The Multidisciplinary Roadway Safety Series (formerly the Local Road Safety Workshops) is an annual series held at convenient locations in Iowa to provide the most current information and advice for improving safety on local agencies’ roads and streets in terms of planning, law enforcement, education, and engineering. This is an opportunity to hear about the latest work and programs aimed at reducing fatal crashes on Iowa roadways from various safety partners in the state, including the Iowa DOT Traffic and Safety, Local Systems and Systems Planning Bureaus, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) – Iowa Division, Governors Traffic Safety Bureau (GTSB), and the Iowa Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP).
Who Should Attend?
Interested professionals from engineering and planning agencies, law enforcement, consulting, and other disciplines interested in an opportunity to meet, learn, interact, and share experiences, opinions, and suggestions for strengthening and expanding the overall safety program for local roads and streets in Iowa in a multi-disciplinary manner. Crash data is also summarized, graphed, and provided to each local agency in attendance.
Agenda and Presenters
- 8:30 AM Welcome and Introductions, Overview of the day
- 8:40 AM Maintaining a Safer Roadway – Iowa LTAP
- 9:20 AM High 5 and Occupant Protection updates – GTSB
- 9:30 AM MUTCD Pavement Marking Retroreflectivity Final Rule – FHWA
- 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM Break
- 10:15 AM Iowa LTAP Update/2023 Low Volume Roads
- 10:25 AM Mock Multidisciplinary Safety Teams (MDST) Meeting – GTSB
- 11:05 AM Potential for Crash Reduction (PCR) – Traffic and Safety Bureau, Iowa DOT
- 11:35 AM GTSB Impaired Driving Assessment Review – GTSB
- 11:45 AM – 12:30 PM – Lunch
- 12:30 PM Speed Trends and Crashes – GTSB
- 1:00 PM Partner Input for SHSP update – Traffic and Safety Bureau, Iowa DOT
- 1:15 PM Safe Streets and Roads for All – FHWA
- 1:25 PM Break
- 1:35 PM Benefit-Cost Spreadsheet and Safety Analysis Guide – Traffic and Safety Bureau, Iowa DOT
- 1:50 PM Local Systems Bureau Updates and Safety Project Funding and Assistance Programs – Local Systems Bureau, Iowa DOT
- 2:15 PM Wrap-up/Discussion of Takeaways/Evaluations/Adjourn