IIJA/BIL (Infrastructure Law) Resources
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), was signed into law by President Joe Biden on Nov. 15, 2021. The law provides $550 billion over fiscal years 2022 through 2026 in new federal funds for infrastructure, with half of that funding going to transportation.
The Iowa LTAP is committed to providing technical and management assistance to Iowa’s local governments, which includes providing resources for funding and training opportunities. The following links and details aim to provide comprehensive information about the programs and opportunities available through the IIJA/BIL.
If there’s more information we can provide, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This page provides information about the Iowa DOT Commission’s IIJA Implementation Policies, guidance sent to Local Public Agencies (LPAs), federal-aid conversion information, presentations introducing the legislation, and more.
Subscribe to the Iowa DOT’s Local Systems emails for additional updates and guidance on how local agencies can benefit from IIJA funds.
The page contains an overview of the legislation, fact sheets, local support information, browse by subject/key topics, recently added information, and more.
The page contains recent highlights, funding opportunities, technical assistance resources, an overview of projects that have been funded, social media contacts, and more.
The page contains a guidebook on the law, which includes information about funding to address transportation needs, environmental issues, and broadband expansion, as well as other information about IIJA/BIL.
- Apply Soon: Thriving Communities Program
- Apply Now: Wildlife Crossings Pilot Program (Deadline: Aug. 1)
- Apply Now: Safe Streets and Roads for All (SS4A) Grant Program (Deadline: Jul. 10)
- Apply Now: Public Transportation on Indian Reservations Program FY 2023 Notice of Funding (Deadline: June 26)
- U.S. DOT Discretionary Grants Dashboard
- FHWA Competitive Grant Funding Matrix
- U.S. DOT Key Notices of Funding Opportunity
Additional Iowa DOT Links
- Federal-Aid Swap Policy
- Video from June 15, 2022 IIJA informational meeting led by Iowa DOT’s Local Systems and Systems Planning bureaus
- PowerPoint slides from June 15, 2022 meeting
Information for Local Agencies
- Rural Opportunities to Use Transportation for Economic Success (ROUTES)
- U.S. DOT Rural Applicant Toolkit
- U.S. DOT Transportation Disadvantaged Census Tracts
- U.S. DOT Equitable Transportation Community (ETC) Explorer
- White House BIL Rural Playbook
- FHWA Federal Aid Essentials for Local Public Agencies
- Local Infrastructure web page
- Local Infrastructure Grant Application Bootcamp