Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Signing Review
Join us for these workshops where we will summarize many of the signing chapters in the 2009 Edition of the MUTCD with Revisions Number 1 and 2 incorporated in (May 2012). Agenda subjects are listed below. The workshop should be valuable to new signing personnel and experienced staff that would like a refresher.
- Gain knowledge of many of the signing installation requirements and on guidance in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, including relevant updates.
- Become aware of local agency signing requirements in accordance with the MUTCD.
- Learn the basics of signing installation per the MUTCD.
- Become aware of requirements for the installation of warning and regulatory signs.
- Gather information on compliance requirements for a retro-reflectivity signing management plan.
- Secure information on additional training and safety resources that are available.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will benefit local transportation agency employees and staff that have signing responsibilities. State and local signing employees, engineers, supervisors, traffic enforcement staff and safety personnel should also attend.
Typical Workshop Agenda
General Signing Application Information (Part 1)
Sign Specific Applications: Basics, Regulatory Signs, and Warning Signs (Part 2)
Break10:25 AM Part 2 – (Continued)
Signing for Railroad Grade
Crossings (Part 8)
Wrap Up – Other Useful MUTCD Information,
Questions, & Discussion
The cost of this training is $35. Please register by clicking on the links to the right.
For More Information
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact David Veneziano at 515-294-5480 or email@example.com.