Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Signing Review
Join us during May, 2023 at sites throughout the state for this in-person half-day workshop where we will summarize many of the signing chapters in the 2009 Edition of the MUTCD with Revisions Number 1, 2 and 3 (incorporated in July 2022). Agenda subjects are listed below. The workshop should be valuable to new signing personnel and experienced staff that would like a refresher.
- Gain knowledge of many of the signing installation requirements and on guidance in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, including relevant updates.
- Become aware of local agency signing requirements in accordance with the MUTCD.
- Learn the basics of signing installation per the MUTCD.
- Become aware of requirements for the installation of warning and regulatory signs.
- Gather information on compliance requirements for a retro-reflectivity signing management plan.
- Secure information on additional training and safety resources that are available.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will benefit local transportation agency employees and staff that have signing responsibilities. State and local signing employees, engineers, supervisors, traffic enforcement staff and safety personnel should also attend.
General Signing Application Information (Part 1)
General Sign Basics (Chapter 2A)
Regulatory Signs and Barricades (Chapter 2B)
Warning Signs and Object Markers (Chapter 2C)
Guide Signs – Conventional Roads (Chapter 2D)
Signing for Railroad Grade Crossings (Part 8)
Revision 3 Review – Maintaining Pavement Marking Retroreflectivity
Wrap Up, Questions, & Discussion
The registration cost for this workshop is $45.00.
Online registration is required in advance for this workshop. Registration must be done online using the links under Dates and Locations on the right of this page. You will receive a confirmation email (to the email address you provide) after you complete your registration.
For More Information
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact David Veneziano at 515-294-5480 or email@example.com.