InTrans / Apr 02, 2018
InTrans prepares to host first Innovation Demonstration & Training Day
Mark your calendars. In less than two weeks, Iowa State University’s Institute for Transportation (InTrans) will host its first ever Innovation Demonstration & Training Day.
The event will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, April 17 at InTrans, located at 2711 S. Loop Dr., Ste. 4700, in Ames.
Attendees are encouraged to register in advance for the event here.
Attendees can expect a series of hands-on demonstrations of cutting edge tools, implementation materials, and research products. These innovations improve the safety of the traveling public and roadway workers, and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of transportation agencies and contractors.
Though the bulk of the demonstrations will get underway at 10 a.m., 3M’s Transportation Safety Roadshow Trailer will open at 8 a.m. The trailer offers 70 feet of hands-on, in-person demonstrations for 3M roadway innovations that get people home more safely and efficiently.
Other demonstrations starting at 10 a.m., and taking place throughout InTrans, include:
- InTrans REACTOR traffic operations laboratory
- Virtual reality experience and demonstrations in transportation
- American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) member hands-on demonstrations for pavement markings, signs, and more
- Timber piling inspection demonstrations
- National Concrete Pavement Tech Center’s Performance Engineered Mixtures trailer
- Demonstrations for measuring wet pavement marking retroreflectivity
- Use of sign reflectometer and digital ball bank demonstrations
The day also includes a series of Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) trainings, but those workshops have already reached capacity.
For more information, contact Judy Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-294-1866.