Signs and Pavement Markings
Local agencies are responsible for providing clear, informative traffic control devices and markings for public road travelers (specified in the Code of Iowa and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices). Consequently, local agency staff need to be aware of all current recommendations and practices to perform their traffic control duties properly. The Iowa LTAP and Safety Circuit Rider have developed several workshops to provide needed training to keep local agencies up to date.
Signs and Pavement Markings Workshop
A signs and pavement markings workshop can be scheduled at your convenience. The three- to four-hour workshop will be presented by Iowa LTAP at your location at a convenient time.
You will only need to provide:
- a projection screen or suitable wall surface
- a meeting room
- employees to be trained
The workshop will be provided at a minimal flat-rate charge per workshop.
Who Should Attend?
- City, county, and utility personnel
- All staff members who are responsible for or supervise temporary traffic control and signing in highway work zones
- All staff members who are responsible for or supervise permanent signing and pavement marking work
- Other staff members who need to know the principles of signs and markings
- Design staff and others who need to know the principles of signs and pavement markings
- Advise staff of new MUTCD requirements
- Discuss principles of good inventory and management systems
- Show examples of recommended practices and exchange ideas and experiences
Typical Workshop Topics
- Introduction and explanation of course objectives
- MUTCD requirements and changes
- Good practices DVD
- Sign inventory and management systems
- Examples of current practice
- Comments and question
Informative materials about signs and markings and certificates of completion will be provided to each participant.
For More Information
If you have questions or need more information, please contact David Veneziano at 515-294-5480 or email@example.com